Gabapentin is an anticonvulsant that is used to treat seizures. Gabapentin decreases abnormal excitement inside the brain and it also relieves the postherpetic neuralgia pain, by changing the body’s sensitivity to pain.
- Gabapentin helps in controlling seizures in people who have epilepsy
- It is used to treat PHN pain i.e aching, stabbing pain, or burning feeling that stays for years or months after an episode of shingles
- Gabapentin as Horizant which is an extended-release tablet used to treat RLS (Restless leg syndrome). In this case, a person has the urge to move their legs, especially during the night, while they are sitting or lying down.
Other uses of Gabapentin
- Sometimes Gabapentin is used to treat diabetic neuropathy, that is numbness or tingling sensation due to nerve damage in a diabetic person.
- It is used to treat hot flashes in women getting treatment for breast cancer or menopause.
- Do not use this medication for these reasons, without a prescription.
How to use Gabapentin
- Gabapentin medicine comes in the form of capsules, tablets, long-acting tablets, or in the form of oral solutions. Any form of Gabapentin medicine should be taken 3 times a day, with a full glass of water, and may be with or without food.
- Long-acting (extended-release tablets) are taken once a day, with food, at around 5 pm.
- Keep an even period between the usage of the medicine. And do not exceed more than 12 hours between doses.
- In case you choose to buy Gabapentin online then, Gabapentin 100mg tablet is a safe dose to take on your own. Otherwise, consult your doctor.
Precautions to follow if you buy Gabapentin 100mg online
- Inform your doctor about any allergies you have.
- Do not take more than one drug that has Gabapentin, as it comes in different forms.
- Tell your doctor about any kind of medicine you are taking already, it is necessary to prevent drug interactions and serious side effects.
- In case you have advised antacids such as Mylanta or Maalox, have them at least 2 hours before you take Gabapentin.
- Inform your doctor about your medical history, including any disease or treatment you are taking already.
- Mention your sleeping schedule to your doctor, as Gabapentin will make you drowsy.
- Do not forget to tell me if you are pregnant or planning for it.
- Make sure you don’t use machines or drive while you have this medicine.
- In case your child has been prescribed this medicine, you should know there will be changes in mood, body coordination, and alertness. So, don’t leave your child alone, and keep them away from harmful activities like cycling.
- Avoid alcohol while on this treatment.
- There may be changes in your mental health while you are on Gabapentin treatment. So immediately share with your care giver or your doctor if you experience suicidal thoughts, anxiety, panic attacks, or violent behavior.
- If you skipped a dose and you are ok, then don’t take a double dose and resume when the time for your next dose comes.
- If you follow all precautions carefully, you can buy pain relief tablets UK on your own.
Side effects of Gabapentin
- Blurred vision
- Memory issues
- Dry mouth
- fever/flu-like symptoms
- Swelling of extremities
- Increased appetite
- Ear pain
- Weight gain
- Joint pain
- red/itchy eyes
Serious side effects of Gabapentin
- Difficulty in breathing/swallowing
- Bluish discoloration of skin, lips, and nails
- Extreme sleepiness
- Slurred speech
All of the exceptional cases and instructions are mentioned above. So that you can have a safe experience using Gabapentin. Whenever you buy Gabapentin 100mg tablets UK, make sure you use precautions and follow proper instructions.